The General Assembly is scheduled to end the first week of May. The speaker for the Southern Fairfield County Retired Teachers’ luncheon on May 11 will be Kevin Graff, lobbyist for ARTC, Association of Retired Teachers of Connecticut. Kevin will give us insights into issues such as:
- Has the budget agreement affected our health benefits in any way?
- Will our pensions remain uncompromised?
- Is the state income tax reduction on our pensions for 2016 still in the budget at 25%?
- How will the budget agreement affect other state employees, retired or presently working?
- Will this be a prelude to what will happen in the future to retired teachers?
Kevin Graff will share his thoughts on the inner workings of the 2016 legislative session and will attempt to forecast what we can expect in the future. Meet up with former colleagues, enjoy a terrific lunch at the Norwalk Inn, and remain up to date on current issues that impact all of us. (Sign up for the luncheon is included.)