We are looking for volunteer facilitators for our parenting classes. We would love for our facilitators to commit to at least two classes per cohort or more if their schedule allows. Facilitators would receive the course curriculum (English or Spanish) and reference materials for the courses. The flow of the class is more of an interactive experience rather than a lecture. We want our parents to engage in conversation pertaining to the topic.
General Parenting Program:
- SJPC runs a series of programs available to parents, moms, or dads. It offers 28 different parenting classes offered in both English and Spanish
- Our courses are approved by CT’s Department of Children and Family Services and families may be referred to us.
- TOPICS COVERED: Behavior & Discipline/ Bonding & Child Development/ The Effect of Media on Children/ An Overview of Learning Disabilities/ Self Esteem & Successful Parenting/ Health & First Aid: Child/ Home & Child Safety/ Nutrition & Healthy Living/ The Importance of Fathers/ Understanding Sexual Abuse & Assault/ Understanding Substance Abuse/ Abuse and Violence in the Home: The Effect on Children/ Anger Management/ Effective Communication/ Singe & Co-Parenting/ Legal Issues/ Budget & Time Management/ Children’s Mental Health
Dads Are the Difference (D.A.D.)
- This program focuses on the important role dads play in their children’s lives. Exclusive to Dads with children of all ages
- 12 (2 hours) classes taught in English and in Spanish. Closed Sessions for up to 15 Dads
- TOPICS COVERED: Family History/ What It Means to Be a Man/ Showing & Handling Feelings/ Men’s Health/ Communication/ The Father’s Role/ Discipline/ Children’s Growth/ Getting Involved/ Working with Mom/ Dads & Work
Associate Director of Volunteers
Saint Joseph Parenting Center
Office: 203-588-1934 ext. 10
90 Fairfield Avenue
Stamford, CT 06902